FC™ – Series Fuel Cell Humidifiers
The Fuel Cell Humidifier for portable, stationary, materials handling and automotive applications.
Perma Pure’s FC Series™ Fuel Cell Humidifiers are the industry standard and offer unparalleled performance, reliability and lifetime up to 20,000 hours. Designed to meet the exacting requirements of the fuel cell user, these Nafion™-based products provide consistent, repeatable humidification of air and hydrogen across the specified flow range. Perma Pure Fuel Cell Humidifiers feature a low pressure drop and do not require power to operate, greatly reducing the parasitic load on your system. Benefits of the FC include:
- Very high efficiency
- No power consumption
- No freeze/thaw issues
- Self-limiting humidification
- Compact and robust
- Gas to Gas or Water to Gas humidification
- Suitable for use with H2
Intelligent Product Numbering System
Perma Pure offers the FC-Series humidifier in a wide range of sizes with variety of lengths, materials and port configurations. Choose the size based on your flow rate and pressure requirement and build your FC Humidifier according to the selection guide and the part number table below:
FC Series Selection Guide for Fuel Cell Systems
- FC100 Series – Compact humidifier for portable systems up to 500W. Weighs less than 100 grams. Gas flows to 16 alpm
- FC125 Series – Built using low-cost molded parts. The FC125-Series humidifiers are an ideal choice for systems up to 1kW. Gas flows to 75 alpm (gas/gas) and 150 alpm (water/gas)
- FC200 Series – Ideal for systems up to 3kW, the FC200-Series is a rugged, compact humidifier for mobile and stationary applications alike. Gas flows to 300 alpm (gas/gas) and 450 alpm (water/gas)
- FC300 Series – Our standard humidifier for gas-to-gas humidification in 5kW systems. Gas flows to 625 alpm (gas/gas) and 2,000 alpm (water/gas)
- FC400 Series – The FC400-Series is designed to provide ideal humidification for 7-12KW systems. The high pressure model is now being evaluated for use in passenger cars. Gas flows to 1,000 alpm (gas/gas) and 7,000 alpm (water/gas)
- FC600 Series – The FC600-Series is suitable for gas-to-gas humidification for systems up to 50kW. When operated water-to-gas, this humidifier is a great choice to replace a bubbler in large test stands (80-100 kW). Gas flows to 2,500 alpm (gas/gas) and 7,000 alpm (water/gas)
Specifications and Dimensions
|Series||# of Nafion™ Tubes||Ports3||Max. Pressure||Gas-to-Gas1||Water-to-Gas2|
|Flow Rate Recommendation|
|FC100||80||1/4″ FNPT||172 kPa / 25 psi||4-16 alpm||< 75 slpm|
|FC125||240||1/2″ FNPT||172 kPa / 25 psi||15-75 alpm||< 150 slpm|
|FC150||480||3/4″ FNPT||103 kPa / 15 psi (FC150p)
413 kPa / 60 psi (FC150S Up to 100°C)
|35-150 alpm||200-300 slpm|
|FC200||780||1″ FNPT||172 kPa / 25 psi||50-300 alpm||300-450 slpm|
|FC300||1660||1-1/2″ FNPT||413 kPa / 60 psi (10″)
172 kPa / 25 psi (7″ & 15″)
|120-625 alpm||450-2000 slpm|
|FC300HP||1660||1-1/2″ FNPT||413 kPa / 60 psi (10″)
172 kPa / 25 psi (7 “& 15”)
|120-625 alpm||450-2000 slpm|
|FC400||2500||2″ FNPT||172 kPa / 25 psi||200-1000 alpm||1000-7000 slpm|
|FC600||7000||2″ FNPT||35 kPa / 5 psi||500-2500 alpm||1500 + slpm|
|Maximum differential pressure, with tube > shell side, 5 psig; Max. temperature 80°C. The use of metal fittings is not recommended with FC Series Humidifiers.
Nylon, ABS or polypropylene fittings are suggested.
1 Flow rate recommendations based upon an approach temperature between 4-6 degrees. The optimal dry air inlet temperature range is between 35 and 55°C.
2 Water-to-gas flow rate is based upon a 80-85%RH. See actual performance curves for specific flow rates. Note that the gas pressure must be higher than the water pressure.
3 When ordering, specify port orientation as same side or 180 degree rotation