Fast, Accurate Determination of Flare Gas Heat Values by Process MS
New rules for flare stack combustion from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) set to take effect in early 2019 include additional monitoring and analysis requirements that make it necessary for refinery operators to quickly and accurately determine the heat values of flare stack gases. Determining the heating values of vent gas is important because sufficient combustible material must be continuously present to achieve high combustion efficiencies. To assist refiners in making that determination, AMETEK Process Instruments has developed the Dycor FlarePro quadrupole process mass spectrometer.
The FlarePro provides fast and accurate BTU content measurement, even when confronted with widely changing flare gas streams. Field testing has shown that the FlarePro mass spectrometer offers more detailed and relevant data faster than gas chromatography and provides BTU numbers that are equivalent to those provided by a calorimeter, but with greater specificity.
- Stainless steel enclosure with 24” footprint (general purpose or C1, D2 area classification)
- 1 – 100 amu mass range
- 16 valve inlet system
- Dual electron multiplier/ faraday plate detector (10 ppm to 100%detection)
- TEC Cooling
- Process 2000 software for method creation and auto-calibration
- Modular design for ease of servicing
- Low maintenance
- Modbus/OPC Communications