FM approved intrinsically safe for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, and D
Analysis of oxygen has become a part of every industry that uses or produces gas or gas mixtures. Teledyne’s complete line of portable gas analyzers provides this vital analysis in a compact package operating without an external power source.
Oxygen concentration in the sample gas stream is measured by Teledyne’s own advanced Micro-fuel Cell sensor specific to oxygen. The high-accuracy and fast response of these units is ideal for measuring oxygen in hydrogen, nitrogen, argon, helium, acetylene, ethylene, butadiene, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons and many other gases.
Maintenance Free Sensor
Teledyne’s sensors set industry standards for accuracy, sensitivity, and ease of use. Because every sensor undergoes stringent testing and quality control, the end user is assured of outstanding reliability and performance. These patented Micro-fuel Cells are sealed, electrochemical devices with no electrolyte to change or electrodes to clean, making them virtually maintenance free. The sensors are specific to oxygen and are capable of accurately monitoring gas streams containing up to 100% hydrocarbons.
The 311 family has a special cal range that allows accurate calibration with the most economical, reliable, abundant standardization gas there is — atmospheric air. No special span gas is required, and because the sensors offer an absolute zero, there is never a need for a zero gas.
Principle of Analysis
Oxygen in the sample diffuses into the Micro-fuel Cell and reacts chemically to produce an electrical signal that is linearly proportional to the oxygen concentration in the sample gas. This electrochemical reaction is specific to oxygen and is unaffected by the presence of oxidizable gases (carbon monoxide, methane, hydrogen, etc.). The signal produced by the Micro-fuel Cell is electronically amplified and displayed on an analog or digital meter readout.
Long Life Rechargeable Batteries
The low operating power required by these units is supplied by two internally mounted, nickel cadmium batteries. Fully charged, these batteries supply enough capacity to operate the unit for approximately 30 days. An overnight charge once a month keeps these batteries in service for many years. An integral charging circuit and detachable power cord allow convenient charging.
|311TC||Trace||Analog||CENELEC / BASEEFA|
|311PC||Percent||Analog||CENELEC / BASEEFA|
|3110||Trace||Digital||CENELEC / BASEEFA|
- Four linear ranges plus cal range
- High accuracy and sensitivity; fast response
- Unaffected by hydrocarbons and other oxidizable gases
- Ideal for measuring oxygen in hydrogen, nitrogen, argon, helium, acetylene, ethylene, butadiene, and many other gases
- Long-life, maintenance-free, Micro-fuel Cell oxygen sensor
- No support gases required
- Rugged, lightweight, and reliable
- Air separation and liquefaction
- Pure gaseous hydrocarbon stream monitoring
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Protective atmosphere blanketing of primary liquid feedstocks and flammable liquids
- Process analysis of gaseous monomers – vinyl chloride, propylene, butadiene, isoprene, or ethylene
- Gas purity certification
- Glove box or pipeline leak detection
- Natural gas treatment and transmission
- Catalyst protection
- Inert gas welding of exotic metals
- Wave and reflow soldering
- Heat treating and bright annealing
- Nuclear fuel processing and isotope separation
- Analysis of chemical reactions
- Headspace gas analysis
- SF6 circuit breakers
- Crystal growth
- Plastics manufacturing
- 100 or 220 VAC operation
- Stainless steel quick disconnect gas fittings (female); mating set (3) of stainless-steel male fittings (vent, sample, calibration)
- Heavy plastic carrying case with foam interior (optional)
- Special ranges
- Stainless steel cell block
- Insta Trace O2 sensor for Trace 311 series
The 311TC offers four switch selectable ranges as low as 0-10 ppm plus a cal range allowing for calibration in ambient air. Power is supplied by rechargeable NiCad batteries.
The 311XL and 311TCXL (BASEEFA certified) provide analysis in decade steps ranging from 0-2 to 0-10,000 ppm full scale. CENELEC approved versions of the 311 are available.