Using UV-Fluorescence detection technology
This Model 6000-TSL System is designed for analyzing total sulfur concentration in liquid samples. It consists of a Model 6400EU SO2 UV Fluorescence Analyzer, a Quartz Tube Converter Module (QTCM), a Total Sulfur Liquid Control Unit (TSL-CU) and a Sample Control Panel. The system is housed in a freestanding NEMA-4 enclosure with ATEX rated X-purge System. It is suitable for operation in Zone 1 EEx p IIC T3 environments.
- Ranges from 0-30ppm to percent
- cycle time from 2 to 6 min
- Non-consumable sensing technology
- High-temperature quartz tube convertor complete sulfur conversion
- No maintenance of QTCM expected in first two years of service
- No pure oxygen required as a utility gas
- Single and multiple sequenced stream configurations available
- Class I Div 1 (Zone 1) and Class I Div 2 (Zone 2) configurations available
Theory of Operation
The undesirable sulfur compounds present (i.e. H2S, DMS, COS, CH3SH, CS2, etc) are converted into sulfur dioxide (SO2) under precisely controlled temperature and flow conditions.
The converted sample gas is dried, then fed to the Model 6400E UV Fluorescence Analyzer where the SO2 Analysis takes place and is conveniently displayed as Total Sulfur.
- Refinery (diesel fuel, gasoline, kerosene, jet fuel)
- Petrochemical (liquid hydrocarbons analysis)