Model 3110 Series of Portable Oxygen Analyzers
FM/FMc or ATEX approved intrinsically safe for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups A-D and Zone 0 areas
Analysis of oxygen has become a part of every industry that uses or produces gas or gas mixtures. Teledyne’s complete line of portable gas analyzers provides this vital analysis in a compact package operating without an external power source.
Oxygen concentration in the sample gas stream is measured by Teledyne’s own advanced Micro-fuel Cell sensor specific to oxygen. The high-accuracy and fast response of these units is ideal for measuring oxygen in hydrogen, nitrogen, argon, helium, acetylene, ethylene, butadiene, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons and many other gases.
Maintenance Free Sensor
Teledyne’s sensors set industry standards for accuracy, sensitivity, and ease of use. Because every sensor undergoes stringent testing and quality control, the end user is assured of outstanding reliability and performance. These patented Micro-fuel Cells are sealed, electrochemical devices with no electrolyte to change or electrodes to clean, making them virtually maintenance free. The sensors are specific to oxygen and are capable of accurately monitoring gas streams containing up to 100% hydrocarbons.
The 3110 family allows accurate calibration with the most economical, reliable, abundant standardization gas there is — atmospheric air. No special span gas is required, and because the sensors offer an absolute zero, there is never a need for a zero gas.
Principle of Analysis
Oxygen in the sample diffuses into the Micro-fuel Cell and reacts chemically to produce an electrical signal that is linearly proportional to the oxygen concentration in the sample gas. This electrochemical reaction is specific to oxygen and is unaffected by the presence of oxidizable gases (carbon monoxide, methane, hydrogen, etc.). The signal produced by the Micro-fuel Cell is electronically amplified and displayed on a digital display readout.
Sample Handling System
The 3110 family can be equipped with an optional side-mount sample handling system consisting of a coalescing filter, SS needle valve, flow meter, flexible tubing suitable for trace and percent oxygen analysis, and quick-disconnect fittings.
Microprocessor Based Electronics
Series 3110 includes a with 2×20 alphanumeric digital display, providing easy to read oxygen concentration and menu-driven functionality for scaling of the 0-1 VDC output, electronic settings and calibration.
An optional feature is the data-logging feature, which is capable of storing up to 3,276 points at a settable interval between once a second and once an hour. Points are date and time-stamped. Data is transmitted to a PC from a 9-pin serial cable and can be downloaded to Windows HyperTerminal.
Long Life Rechargeable Batteries
The low operating power required by these units is supplied by two internally mounted, nickel cadmium batteries. Fully charged, these batteries supply enough capacity to operate the unit for 100 hours or more. An overnight charge once a month keeps these batteries in service for many years. An integral charging circuit and detachable power cord allow convenient charging.
- Meets technical requirements of ASTM D7607-11 (3110XL only)
- User-settable ranges
- High accuracy and sensitivity; fast response
- Unaffected by hydrocarbons and other oxidizable gases
- Ideal for measuring oxygen in hydrogen, nitrogen, argon, helium, acetylene, ethylene, butadiene, and many other gases
- Long-life, maintenance-free, Micro-fuel Cell oxygen sensor
- No support gases required
- Rugged, lightweight, and reliable
- Carrying case included
- Air separation and liquefaction
- Pure gaseous hydrocarbon stream monitoring
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Protective atmosphere blanketing of primary liquid feedstocks and flammable liquids
- Process analysis of gaseous monomers – vinyl chloride, propylene, butadiene, isoprene, or ethylene
- Gas purity certification
- Glove box or pipeline leak detection
- Natural gas treatment and transmission
- Catalyst protection
- Inert gas welding of exotic metals
- Wave and reflow soldering
- Heat treating and bright annealing
- Nuclear fuel processing and isotope separation
- Analysis of chemical reactions
- Headspace gas analysis
- SF6 circuit breakers
- Crystal growth
- Plastics manufacturing
- Stainless steel quick disconnect gas fittings (female); mating set (3) of stainless-steel male fittings (vent, sample, calibration)
- Side-mount sample system
- Down to 0-2ppm range (XL option)
- Stainless steel cell block
- Insta-trace fast-recovery trace sensor
- NG sensor with resistance to H2S or other harmful acid gases
Relevant Application Bulletins
Disclaimer: The use of oxygen sensors other than those manufactured by Teledyne Analytical Instruments (TAI) in this product may cause damage and/or degrade product performance. TAI does not stand behind the performance of this product when used with an unauthorized after-market oxygen sensor. In the case of a certified TAI Oxygen Monitor or Analyzer for use in medical (i.e. FDA) as well as in hazardous area applications (i.e. FM and ATEX), the use of sensors other than those manufactured by TAI will absolutely void third party certification of the product.