Model GFC-7000T / GFC-7000E Ultra Trace Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Analyzer
The GFC-7000 series gas filter correlation analyzers measure ppb or ppm levels of carbon dioxide by comparing infrared (IR) energy absorbed by a sample to that of a reference gas according to the Beer-Lambert law.
Using a gas filter correlation wheel, a high energy IR source is alternately passed through a target gas-filled chamber and a chamber with no target gas present. The light then travels through a variable length folded path to the detector. The energy lost through the sample cell is compared with the reference signal provided by the filter wheel to produce a signal proportional to concentration, with little effect from interfering gases within the sample. This design produces excellent zero and span stability and high signal-to-noise ratio, allowing superior performance over a wide concentration range.
The GFC-7000 series is ideal for detecting the breakthrough of trace carbon dioxide from molecular sieves which are applied on the incoming air used for cryogenic air separation purposes. It can also analyze trace CO2 which are dissolved in liquid oxygen found in the main condensers of cryogenic air separation plants.
The GFC-7000T offers an advanced color display, capacitive touch screen, intuitive user interface, flexible I/O, and built-in data acquisition capability. It includes a built-in data acquisition capability using the analyzer’s own internal memory. This allows the logging of multiple parameters including averaged or instantaneous concentration values, calibration data and operating parameters such as flow, temperature, and pressure.
- 0-100 ppb to 0-2,000 ppm ranges (configuration dependent), user selectable
- GFC wheel guaranteed against leaks for 5 years
- Continuous monitoring of numerous variables with fully configurable alarms
- Adaptive signal filtering optimizes response time
- Temperature and pressure compensation
- Internal data logging
- Advanced remote operation software
Standard I/O for T-series:
- 4 x analog outputs (up to 3 x 4-20mA current outputs)
- 1 x Ethernet (10 / 100 Base-T)
- 2 x RS-232 (300-115200 baud)
- 2 x USB ports for firmware upgrades
- 8 x opto-isolated digital outputs
- 6 x opto-isolated digital inputs
Optional I/O for T-series:
- 1 x USB communications port
- 1 x RS-485 digital communications port
- 8 x analog inputs (0-10 VDC, 12-bit)
- 4 x digital alarm outputs
- Multidrop RS-232