Model 2750 – Portable Gas Analyzer for Turbine Generators
The portable Model 2750 accurately and reliably measures hydrogen-in-CO2 and air-in-CO2 during maintenance purging of hydrogen-cooled turbine generators.
These measurements assure that the purging proceeds quickly, efficiently and effectively. Switch-selectable ranges on the instrument make it easy to choose the measurement required. Plus, the 2750 features a third range that alerts the user to air leaks in the hydrogen cooling gas and thus helps assure optimum efficiency during normal generator operation.
Designed for Turbine Generator Applications
The 2750 is a rugged, portable, easy-to-use gas analyzer that monitors purge gases and the cooling gas in hydrogen-cooled turbine generators. Three selectable ranges:
– Monitor purge gas composition during maintenance purging
– Spot-check hydrogen purity during normal generator operation
The portability of the unit eliminates installation costs and makes it easy to move between generators. There are no moving parts to wear out, no filters to change, and no traps to clean. The 2750 is virtually maintenance free. A simple periodic calibration is all that is needed to assure years of trouble-free service.
Before workers can perform periodic maintenance inside a hydrogen-cooled turbine generator, the hydrogen (H2) cooling gas must be purged and replaced with a breathable atmosphere (air). However, air / H2 mixtures are potentially explosive, so a maintenance purge is used that proceeds in two stages.First, carbon dioxide (C02) is used to purge out the H2. Then, in the second stage, air purges out the CO2.
MinimIzes Costly Downtime
To minimize downtime, it is important for the 2-step purge process to proceed quickly and effectively. The 2750 helps achieve those objectives. During the first stage of maintenance purging, the unit monitors the changing H2 / CO2 mixture. This allows operators to know the earliest moment to begin the second stage (air purge). This also saves money by minimizing CO2 usage.
During the second stage, the 2750 monitors air-in-CO2, which helps you decide when workers can begin maintenance.
- Portable, rugged, lightweight
- Sealed reference cell; no need for a flowing reference support gas
- Uses no consumables and is virtually maintenance free
- Proven thermal conductivity detector
- Precise temperature control provides optimum accuracy
- Three switch-selectable ranges for easy choice of desired measurement
- Large, easy to read readout for observing rate of change (trending) of purge gas mixtures
- Minimizes costly maintenance downtime
- Saves money by avoiding needless waste of CO2 purge gas
- Assures optimum efficiency by detecting air contamination
Ranges (switch selectable)
– 0-100% H2 in CO2
– 0-100% Air in CO2
– 80 – 100% H2 in Air